My mom is seriously one of the coolest people out there and yours must be too.
She’s always been there to make me laugh, wipe away my tears, and help me become the person I am today.
Here are some signs that you are ridiculously lucky to have your mom around.
1. Your mom is one of your best friends.
She’s the first to know about everything new in your life, and you have regular hangouts.
2. But your mom makes sure she puts her role as mother over her role as friend.
Even if you guys are BFFs, she is your mother before she’s your bud, and even if you don’t like it, she will make sure to put your best interests at heart. My mom makes it clear that she’s not only my friend, but someone who will put me in my place when I need it.
3. You can always count on your mom to be there to listen.
If you’re going through heartbreak or need advice, you call her up. She will listen, always, without judgment. (Thanks, Mom.)
4. Your mom is your biggest cheerleader.
My mom is always the one to encourage me and lift me up, no matter what.
Got a dream? You can bet your mom is there to support it, and she will constantly remind you that you need to chase it, even when you’re not so sure of it yourself.
5. You and your mom have the best inside jokes ever.
You’re constantly giggling to each other. In fact, it’s quite a trip watching you two interact on a day-to-day basis. My mom and I are constantly cracking each other up (we’re so dang hilarious). My daughter is joining too lately.
6. You and your mom always stick together at family gatherings.
Who else is gonna keep you entertained? I always stick to my mom like glue at family gatherings so we can giggle at the weirdness of it all.
7. Your mom always puts family first.
Even if she’s got an awesome career and social life, family always, always comes first. She was never late to pick you up from school because of a meeting, and she never forgot your birthday, because you were — and still are – the priority in her life.
8. Your mom always calls and asks how your life is — and she genuinely cares.
She needs to know how you’re doing on a regular basis, and if you say anything other than “I’m doing great,” she will try her hardest to rectify the situation.
9. Your mom always keeps a watchful eye. . . but she doesn’t hover.
You never feel smothered by her, but you know she’s always got one eye on you to make sure you’re on the right path. She tries to stay relatable and remember what it was like being your age.
10. Your mom lets you make mistakes, but she’s always there to help you get back on your feet.
My mom lets me go through heartbreak or fall on my face sometimes — and I know how hard it is for her to watch. But she knows that I need to make my own mistakes, and she’s always there to help me back up.
A cool mom knows that she can’t live your life for you, and she knows you’re going to date someone you shouldn’t, or hit a rough patch every now and then. But when you inevitably do, she is there to wipe away your tears.
11. Your mom knows that she’s just an older, wiser kid at heart.
Cool moms don’t pretend like they’ve been chaste and perfect their whole life. A cool mom doesn’t play the “holier-than-thou” card, because she is human too, and she’s made the same mistakes you have. She knows that you’ll make them too, and she uses her wisdom to help you whenever you need it.
12. Everyone loves your mom.
Your friends totally want to hang out with your mom, and have suggested she come along on more than one occasion.
13. Because your mom is hilarious.
She totally knows what’s going on, and she’s struck the perfect balance of being “in” and still being a wise, strong woman. The result is a fabulous sense of humor.
14. Even when you’re mad at her, you still know how much you care about her.
If your mom is like mine, she drives you crazy sometimes, because she always has your best interests at heart, and that means you butt heads every now and then. But even when you do, you can’t possibly love her any less.
15. Your answer to “Who’s your biggest hero?” is always “my mom.”
Stand aside, Wonder Woman. Mom rocks way more than you do.
16. You can’t imagine who you would be without your mom…
Your mom built such a strong foundation for you. It’s difficult to separate who you are as a person from who she helped you become as a person.
I try to picture my life without my mom, and I truly can’t.
17. …because your mom is one of the most important people in your world.
Because what you do without her?
Love you, Mom.